A quick Yard check up list for this early winter.
1. Have you wrapped or covered the trunks of your younger trees to prevent sun scald
2. Remove the snow and wrap your evergreens so they will not break under the extreme snow loads
3. When the weather breaks (which we usually see windows of warmer weather) be ready to prune your shrubs and trees while they are dormant. Keep in mind though, you do not want to prune when the branches are frozen and the cell structure shatters.
4. Do NOT throw away those leaves, they are the best mulch you can build for your garden.
5. Keep up the worm farm even in this weather, this will be your jump start for great soil next year.